We all know that eating certain things can have a bad effect on our oral health. However, very limited people actually know that there are certain food products that can actually help you boost your oral health. What you eat can have a direct impact on the health of your precious teeth and gums. Below mentioned are 5 of the best foods that you can include in your regular diet for stronger teeth and a healthier oral environment.
- Leafy Greens:- Fresh and organically grown leafy greens are rich in calcium, vitamins, minerals as well as folic acid, which can strengthen your gums as well as the teeth. Moreover, having raw greens in your salads and sandwiches can also help clean off your teeth.
- Dairy Products:- Dairy products, especially, milk, cheese, and yoghurt are some of the best foods that you can add to your diet and are also recommended by the North Finchley dentist. These products are not only rich in calcium but also low in sugar, which promotes oral health. Moreover, cheese also contains casein, a precious protein that strengthens your tooth enamel. Milk has very low acid levels that help you fight cavities. Yoghurt on the other hand has a lot of calcium and probiotics that can help you fight tooth decay and boost your gum health.
- Nuts:- Nuts are rich in phosphorus and calcium which can not only help your teeth fight the bacteria but also strengthen them. Some of the most common nuts that can boost your oral health include peanuts, cashew, walnuts, and almonds.
- Fatty Fish & Meats:- Most meats contain healthy nutrients that can help you boost your oral health and are highly recommended by the North Finchley dentist. Moreover, having mead in your regular diet also leads to the production of a lot of saliva that can be beneficial for your teeth and can also help cleanse your mouth. Adding red meat and fatty fish particularly to your regular diet can help you improve your oral health.
- Cranberries And Apples:- Eating apples can and other fruits rich in fibres can help you cleanse your teeth and also produce a lot of saliva that leads to reduction of acid levels in your mouth, which can be beneficial for your oral health. Adding cranberries to your diet can prevent the formation of plaque and also provides antioxidant properties.
Having at least one item from the above-mentioned food products in your daily meals can actually bring about a whole lot of difference for your oral health and help you keep your teeth healthy and intact for a longer run. Moreover, if you love your precious smile and wish for it to stay forever, it is very important to take care of your oral health on a regular basis by adding the above-mentioned food items to your daily meals.