With summertime almost over, and a new school year about to start in many areas, millions of students, as well as none-students and teens, will be hitting the road either on the way to school or work. Before you head out on your needed trip, make sure to apply safety precautionary measures before driving throughout the year.
This article will provide you a list of important things you can do to drive safely throughout the year.
An average of 33,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accidents every year and most of them are preventable. You can prevent these unfortunate circumstances just by following these simple things listed below:
– Make sure to have your eyes on the road at all times. In 2209 alone. 5,400 people were killed due to distracted driving while almost half of it was injured. It is important to put your phone away and focus on the road, no call or text is worth losing your life.
– Vehicle maintenance. Make sure to check your tire pressure, fluids, and batteries and tread wear regularly. Spot a potential problem in your garage before it becomes a dangerous accident on the road. Remember to keep up with the vehicle maintenance schedule, prevention is always the best remedy.
– Do not speed up. Speeding has always been the reason for most crashes, causing one-third of all crashes, killing nearly 900 people every month. Although it applies to all ages, crashes, and violations are much higher for young male drivers. Driving within the speed limit will also conserve fuel.
– Use seat belts. This is often overlooked, but proper usage of seat belts saved the lives of 13,000 people in 2008. In an unfortunate scenario of a crash, it might be your best defense to help keep you safe and secure inside your vehicle. You don’t want to be thrown out of your car just because you did not buckle up.
– Secure the kids. Kids are most of the times victims of car crashes. These types of crashes are the leading cause of the kid’s death between 3 and 12 years old. It is important to make sure that your kids are in the proper seat for their age and have their seat installed correctly. One way to reduce injury is by placing your kids in the back seat and putting their seat belts.
– Don’t drive while drunk. Every year, there are around 10, 839 alcohol-impaired driving accidents. A lot of people disregard these despite the penalties associated with drunk driving. This is one of the easiest preventable crashes there is, there are many lives that can be saved if everybody remembers to assign a designated driver. In case you get caught drink driving, you might want to consult a drink driving solicitor to legally assist you in the case.
– Look around. Every car has its blind zone, some are larger while others are hard to notice. Make sure to familiarize these zones and check it more often. One way is to install a rear view camera and diligently check the mirrors and look over your shoulders before backing up.