Waking up in the morning and choosing underwear might not be one of your priorities. Whether you prefer a boxer, trunks, or brief, it is important that you make sure that it is fit, in-style, and the fabric is just right for you. After you read this article, for sure you will know which type of underwear is perfect for your body type.
Boxer Shorts vs Brief: What’s The Difference?
When choosing underwear, there are different options for you to choose from but remember that the fit and shape can make a huge difference. It is important that your underwear makes you feel comfortable after wearing them. The fabric has to be breathable. It should also be gentle on your skin. There are plenty to choose from at Egyptian cotton socks & underwear by subscription.
For a more comfortable men’s underwear, boxer shorts are the most preferred. They are a popular choice simply because they can provide more freedom compared to briefs. Its baggy material is breathable and creates a more comfortable area. Boxers are made with a quick exit through the gappy material at its front.
- Slim Fit. This type is fitted around the legs but can still provide more room than briefs have.
- Casual Fit. The type that most boxer-wearers would prefer. They are loose-fitting and allow more room to move around.
If some men prefer boxer shorts, there are still others who opt to wear briefs. If you are looking for both comfort and support, then this is the perfect choice for you. While providing security, briefs will give your legs more freedom. With briefs, you can choose from three styles – low-, mid-, and full-rise.
- Low-Rise. This type is perfect if you want underwear that can provide more definition. It is low-cut which means that it sits right at the bottom of the hipbone.
- Mid-Rise. This style can give you more coverage as it comes right up to your waistline without making you feel uncomfortable.
- Full-Rise. This has the most coverage compared to the other two with its band just sitting below the bellybutton. This style is perfect for those who want to create an illusion of a slimmer waistline.
This is a combination of boxers and briefs. This is shorter around the legs compared to boxer shorts but still, have the same box shape. Some prefer this because they are less baggy than boxers but can still provide you with similar support as briefs do.
Underwear Choice And Your Body Type
Now that you know the different kinds of briefs and boxer shorts, it is time to learn how to choose the best for your body type. Here are some tips:
- Slim. For a slimmer body, trunks are the best choice. They are less tight and longer than your briefs, but not as baggy as the boxers.
- Short. If you are not blessed with height, wear briefs because they do not have that much material. This means that you will have more flesh to show.
- For taller guys, boxer briefs would be the best choice. This will give you much material to work with all those legs to spare.
What everyone is neglecting sometimes is that their underwear should be able to flatter their body shape. It should be suitable for what you do within the day. How can you tell which is the perfect choice for you? The tips above can help you make that choice.