The two greatest achievement of the twenty-first century has been the evolution of the mobile phone and the internet. Technology is so progressive now that it has addressed even the minutest tasks in one’s daily routine.
Online recharge of mobile pre-paid SIM cards, payment of post-paid mobile bills, payment of utility bills are some of the everyday task that is now achievable by the click of few buttons on your mobile phone or the laptop
Benefits of mobile recharge:
For a common man, this technological development is surely proving to be very handy and supportive.
- It is accessible and actionable from the comfort of one’s home and office at anytime of the day.
- Online recharge saves time. No more standing in queues or visiting mobile shop.
- Top-up as per requirement and usage thereby curtailing unnecessary expenditure.
Process: How to recharge your phone
- You need to open you mobile operator’s recharge website or a trusted third part website.
- Enter your 10 digit mobile number.
- Enter the amount that you want to recharge for.
- Continue to the payment option. As per your convenience, you can choose options as credit card, debit card or Net Banking.
- For payment via credit card, you need to fill in your card details and press the submit button. Once your card is charged, you will be informed via a transaction complete form. Credit card works on the model that banks borrow you money to pay off your bills against a certain limit. The advantage of using a credit card is that you get points every time you use the card and collated points can be later used to redeem gifts etc.
- For Net Banking, you need to choose the bank after which you will be automatically redirected to your bank’s website for the process to complete.
Many of the operators or the third parties have the mobile Apps too to further facilitate payments and mobile recharge. You can download the Apps onto your mobile and use it as and when required.
Prepaid mobile recharge plans
Different operators have various explicit top-up plans featured on their websites. Each of them list variety of promotional offers for their customers ranging from cash-back to full talk time to unlimited data plans, these operators today are putting forth their best strategies to encourage people to switch to the online mode for payments. The plans differ depending on the location of the customer as all operators divide their operations based on circles which are decided as per the states.
Airtel, Jio, Vodafone, BSNL and Aircel offer few of the top programs from across the country. Third party sites like Patym, MobiKwik and few others also support online recharge and bill payments and work closely with the mobile operators to facilitate smooth functioning.
Broadly the prepaid mobile recharge plans are divided into the following categories:-
- Unlimited plans.
- 2G, 3G and 4G plans
- Full Talktime plans and Talktime plans
- ISD, STD, Roaming and Local call plans
Every operator today encourages customers to use the online method for recharging their mobiles. Since there is hardly any disadvantage of using this facility (in fact the gains are more) one should be prudent enough to start using this method of online recharge.